Searching for an experienced family law attorney or personal injury lawyer? Perhaps you need trusted advice about estate planning law, real estate matters, or starting a business. Whatever your legal needs, we can resolve your concerns efficiently and professionally.
At Cicero, France & Alexander P.C. our team of attorneys was born and raised in Northern Illinois. We are proud to serve the legal needs of our community with unrivaled dedication. Our clients receive a sophisticated legal experience in a friendly, small firm setting.
Rockford is our hometown and Northern Illinois is the community we serve. Our clients are more than case numbers and court files. They are local business owners and neighbors. We respect our clients as individuals and community leaders, and we provide the personalized legal services they deserve
A History of Quality Legal Services in a Small Firm Atmosphere
Our founding partners, Paul Cicero and John France have extensive roots in Rockford’s legal community. Paul Cicero is a second-generation Rockford lawyer who followed in his father’s footsteps to build his practice. John France is a Vietnam Veteran who practiced for years at a larger firm before joining forces with Paul to launch Cicero & France in 1996.
Although John is now retired, he helped set the high legal standard that we continue to achieve today. So while our firm has been a cornerstone of the Northern Illinois business community for 25 years, our attorneys have been legal advocates for more than 40 years.
We work directly with our clients and provide the highest quality, personalized legal services possible. If you have questions or concerns, we promise to provide prompt, cutting-edge legal advice. We’ll guide you through complicated legal proceedings and ensure you understand your options so you can make the best decisions possible and accomplish your individual goals.
Improving Our Community
Our community pride extends beyond our office walls. Our attorneys often volunteer with community groups or serve on the boards of local charitable organizations such as the Greater Rockford Airport Authority Board of Commissioners, Rockford Area Habitat For Humanity, Burpee Museum of Natural History, Spectrum School, and more.
At Cicero, France & Alexander P.C. we strive to be the top law firm in the Rockford area for individuals and business owners by providing the highest quality legal advice in a variety of situations. We have decades of experience in these practice areas:
- Family Law– From joyous adoptions to potentially devastating divorce, custody, child support, and household division cases, our compassionate family law attorneys understand the importance of these life-changing matters and provide caring protection for you and your family.
- Personal Injury and Insurance Defense– Sometimes you are just in the wrong place at the wrong time. If you or a loved one have been in an accident your first priority is getting the medical care you need. At the same time, our personal injury attorneys will make sure your bills are paid and you receive the compensation you deserve as a result of someone else’s fault. We also represent insurance companies defending accident claims so we understand the legal arguments and strategies from both perspectives. This makes us uniquely qualified to litigate personal injury cases.
- Real Estate– Our real estate lawyers offer a full range of real estate services from buying and selling a family home to investment opportunities and larger property developments.
- Estate Planning & Probate– Most people don’t want to think about end of life issues, but taking steps now to clarify your future desires brings peace of mind for everyone involved. Our estate planning attorneys can help you plan and execute personalized estate documents such as a Will, Trust, Powers of Attorney, or Guardianship now, and our probate lawyers can help your family members follow your wishes after you have passed.
- Civil and Commercial Litigation– From contract breaches to business dealings and real estate matters, you may be involved in a variety of legal situations that turn into court proceedings. Our litigation attorneys will fiercely advocate for your legal rights in all levels of the Illinois court system.
- Corporate Formation, Administration, Contract, and Transactional Law– Whether you are forming a new company, buying an existing business, or simply need a legal advisor to ensure you comply with the myriad of corporate rules and regulations, our corporate attorneys can assist with all of your business dealings.
- Federal Court Cases– Our attorneys are licensed to practice in Federal Court and have the experience to handle matters such as Civil Rights, Product Liability, and Insurance Defense cases along with more specific claims such as Lanham Act and Miller Act disputes.